Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shhhhhh...Q-U-I-E-T..........

Have you ever wondered where those little balls of fluff come from that seem to 'grow' under your bed? You can sweep and sweep and sweep...and 2 minutes later, there is a little tumbleweed of fluff...merrily rolling around under there....
Sometimes there is just one, often, tho, there is a whole 'herd' of them...I guess that's why some folks call them 'ghost herds'...cause they don't know what they are or where they come from....or where they are on their way to, rolling about like tumbleweeds on the floor.
Now other folks, those who are a little more imaginative, call them 'dust bunnies'. They don't look like a bunny?....but they are dusty! Interesting.....

Can you keep a secret? I had never actually seen one before, but as I was sitting in my rocking chair the other day, quilting on my Baltimore, I kept hearing a little ruckus coming from my bedroom. Just a little soft ruckus...perhaps scurrying of little feet, and some faint giggles? But as soon as I stopped rocking, all was silent. I'm not getting around very well these days, so instead of getting up to go investigate, I just sat, still in my chair, all the while having my eyes fixed upon the reflection in the glass of my bedroom door.....minutes ticked away into nearly an hour, and that's when it happened. The little ruckus started up, and before I knew it, here came a ball of fluff, and trailing directly behind.. was the elusive Dust Bunny Ammericannus! She had a wee little stick, and was quickly batting & rolling her little ball of fluff out, down and around my bedpost...then came another, and another! Why~ they were having a race! It was the most amazing thing, I must say~and I rose from my chair as quickly as I could, but when I got to the bed, just the fluffs were left....and 8 weensie little wee twigs.





It was very perplexing~ I looked everywhere I could think of, but no bunnies, Just fluff. As I came back to sit down, a heard a little giggle, and snapped this picture for you! Seems, the D.B. Ammericannus is quite inquisitive, and they like to roll their little balls of fluff under everything~ even dollys little cradle. Can you see her there???? See her little perky ears sticking up behind there???


Turns out, they also have a sweet tooth, with a distinct weakness for chocolates. When I went to grab for my camera, a knocked a little chocolate egg off the table, and swoop, before I could bend over to pick it up, off it with with a little dust bunny madly rolling it over under my bookcase. Perhaps they are attracted to the shiny foil wrapper? It wasn't long, and I had all 8 of them out rolling chocolates around on my floor~ what a sight!




We have since become great friends, the 'Dust Bunnies' & I, and I would love to introduce them to you tomorrow, March 14th, on the TDIPT & EW Mercantiles~ I hope you will stop in!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

You'd better watch really close on Wednesday. They'll be having races with the Leprechauns!! That's probably why we always found the little "green guy's" shoes! The Dust Bunnies chased them right out of their shoes!! Ha! Ha!
LY, Mom

Christine LeFever said...

Too adorable, your sweet little story, and so are your bunnies!!!

Zwee!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachael Kinnison said...

THANKYOU Christine! I was just at your blog this morning, and cant believe those beautiful trees~ in bloom allready! we still have snow :( Im so jelous!
xoxoxo rachael