Tuesday, August 09, 2016

a Lil Peek at My Flat Top Casket

A minute here.... an hour there....
 Summers are so busy its hard to make time to work on something for 'me', so I have to resort to sneaky measures sometimes to get anything accomplished.  I have all of my panels for my flat top framed up on table stands standing tall like little soldiers, patiently waiting for me to stop and work a minute or two. For me, having what I am currently working on out...out on the counter ready to go at a moments notice...is the only way I can squeeze in me time.  If I had to put all up and then drag out everything whenever I felt like stitching....Id really, really, never get anything done! Sometimes I can only stand and stitch maybe 5 or 10 minutes....but before long, those 5 or 10 minutes have added to the 5 or 10 I did the day before and so on........and suddenly, here is a little flitter~fly butterfly staring back at me! I am pleased with how he came out...even dressed in pink, he is a he, and quite a dapper little fellow....
And by little, well, he is little! Here is my fingernail for size~ his wings are wired and can be positioned how ever suits him best. Working with this tiny of antique beads has proved to be quite challenging. I know what I want to make, but no matter how close I get with my magnifiers, its so hard to see, and hardest I have found, is just holding on to the tiny detached pieces while I am working them. Just about a zillion or so more beads, and casket will be finished ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tweezers and a magnifying lens for SURE! It looks GREAT!

Barbara Brown said...

So pretty!!! Sometimes, when tying my flies, I put "cheaters" UNDER my cheaters!! Two pair can do wonders! :-)
LY, Mom

Lyndle said...

Wow, gorgeous. Glad I've discovered yor blog.

stonepylon said...

Wow! Just discovered your blog and YouTube channel. :) Love love love - thanks for sharing! How do you get your lines of beading so close and tight? Do you make stuffed forms first and bead them?